Old Sep 24, 11, 2:19 pm
Errata

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, EY E+, UA*G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ldnhlj View Post
Great data point!

Maybe this could be the resolution for the Paris Le Grand mixup?

Could you share which hotel this was related to? If it's a hotel outside of US, will they have to mail cheques internationally? Currency/cheque cashing charges etc. rushed to my mind.

hmmm...still better than nothing. I just wonder how the accounting is going to feed through...
This was the Park Lane IC. I called them up and spoke to the agent dealing with my case, who explained that a manager had responded by email and telephone to validate the case. Therefore I was to obtain a receipt and send it in. I am also in the UK but was told that the cheque is despatched from Guest Relations, whether that is from the UK facility or not I do not know. I assume it would be issued in the same currency as the booking.

It's still rather annoying, as this means that I will have to part with almost 400 for an unknown length of time, hoping that the cheque will come. I'm going to ring the hotel directly and try and speak to someone in the reservation office.

I also asked the agent whether hotels are likely to argue with the rate. She said she is aware that many hotels have argued, but stated that as per the terms the hotel is obliged to comp the night, otherwise the BRG department shall reimburse with a cheque and take it up with the hotel, therefore I think this is the solution to the issues at Le Grand. Fortunately they're not forcing us to do the leg-work here.