Old Sep 24, 11, 9:23 am
LLJFK88

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by j-rad View Post
I already have the Sapphire Preferred, and was just approved for the Freedom card. Also, I am about to open a checking account with Chase to take advantage of the 10 points/transaction deal. Couple of questions:

1. If I add an additional card (authorized user) to my Freedom, will their purchases translate to points in my UR account? Also, will their purchases be eligible for the 10 points/transaction since it's linked to my account and I'll have a Chase checking account?

2. On the online application for a checking account, it asks me to make a deposit ($100 required I believe) from a credit card or another bank account. If I choose credit card, will it be treated as a purchase or a cash advance?

3. A requirement of the checking account is to have a $500 direct deposit monthly to avoid any fees. Can I do a $500 direct deposit, then a couple of days later transfer that $500 to my main bank account without any fees?

Thanks in advance.
What time frame did you get the Preferred card and then the Freedom? I just got my Preferred on the 12th of this month and I got a pre-approved offer of the Freedom and I want to take advantage of this combo since I have a checking account with Chase also.