FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FS Jimbaran Bay: Hotel vs. Residences
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:49 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I am looking at the 2bedroom residence villa and was curious if others had any other suggestions for other properties, including those listed by Kagehitokiri, as well as whether anyone has stayed in the FS residence villa with small children. We have 3 adults and our 2 very small children (28 months and 10 months).

Originally had planned to get 2 pool suites at St Regis (total about $800 per night for the 2) but now one night we need is sold out. St Regis is offering me their 2 bedroom pool suite for about $1300 per night. I can get the 2bedroom villa at FS residences for about $800 with the buy 3 get the 4th free promo and that seems like a better deal. We love the St Regis layout (very flat) and beach for playing with the kids, but the extra $500 per night is making me cringe. The FS residence villas are twice the size of the St Regis 2bdrm (and have kitchens) so seem like a good tradeoff for what we would get in saving that kind of money.

Any comments on how the FS residences are for kids? Also, any other thoughts in the sub $1000 range on/near the beach that would accomodate our group?