FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quadra Smartium (Business Lie Flat) and Routes (consolidated)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:15 pm
iker

My partner just returned from Seoul on today's flight 214 into San Francisco. Asiana flew the old business class. No AVOD, which didn't matter because his monitor only flickered. He originally had seat 4G but he ended up with a middle seat. He wasn't happy. The website indicates that the service to San Francisco has the new business class seats 7 days a week but that there's a caveat that last-minute subtitutions might be made. I learned about the equipment swap a couple weeks ago after I read in this thread that someone else's flight had been swapped. I contacted Asiana's tollfree number in the US. Though we were told to check back with Asiana as the plane could get swapped back to the new cabin. Two days ago in Guangzhou and yesterday upon check-in he explained that if the plane wasn't equipped with the new seats, he'd cancel the reservation and rebook on either Singapore or United. He was assured both times that he'd have a new seat. He got into the cabin to find old seats.

He feels that Asiana had been less than forthcoming and so won't be using Asiana for his travel needs, despite the better soft product. Partner typically tries to sleep immediately and so is more interested in hard product. Incidentally, he typically splits his flying 50/50 with Singapore and United from SFO-HKG and SFO-ICN, with an occasional flight to Tokyo on United or ANA.