FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - passport stamps on the amendments/endorsements page?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:59 am
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Two questions:
1. Does anyone have experience getting visa pages added in Ankara, Turkey? I need to attempt this next week as I'm about out of pages and my trip has turned into 5 countries instead of 2...requiring lots of visa stamps. I'm assuming they will add the pages as I wait at the Embassy?
I haven't been to that particular consulate, but most of them require that you make an appointment on their web page. Normally it will be done while you wait, or you drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.

2. Can someone please explain to me why the hell the US stamps US passports coming back in? That annoys the hell out of me. It's a total waste of space and makes you get extra pages (which now cost $82 - ...!!) a lot sooner than you should have. What bugs me most about this is only half the border agents stamp your passport. The other half don't.
I think it is based on the city. LA never stamps, Chicago always does. I asked an agent at ORD about this once and he just said LAX operates under different rules.