FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palm Springs what to do
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:36 am
malsf1

Programs: UA, VX, AA
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Also, I am starting to think of places to live post NYC (Manhattan is not kind to older people unless you have major money) so its a place I want to see what kind of vibe it has and is it a good place to grow older. I'm not looking for a FLL where older men try to without any shame act 25.
I spent a few years going to PS for the same reason. There is truth that the PS men tend to be older, but there is also a good mix of younger guys too. As a result of my travels there, I finally bought a house in July as a vacation/retirement home. I have met some great guys there, and the older men tend to act their age. Much of the gay population in PS are transplants from LA and SF, but I have met quite a few guys from the east coast as well.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Any ideas for things to do, places to go and see. Unfortunately, with all the time that I have scheduled off and will want off for the remainder of 2012 I can only spare a couple of days there.
PS has activities outside of the bars and clubs. The art museum has a decent art collection, there are many art galleries, and there are several parks and wildlife areas to explore.