FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:27 am
blindman

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I made 5 BRG claims over the weekend.This is my experience:

Overall I am happy with the application of the Ts&Cs but feel that there is still insufficient clarity with the condition that one must book the lowest rate on ihg.com and how the inclusion of breakfast alters this.I think that there will be a lot of inconsistency and differing experiences reported.
1.I found a cheaper refundable rate on a UK site for a Standard room with breakfast.

2. It took a screen shot

3 I booked the refundable rate on IHG (not the lowest rate) as a comparison.

4. This was rejected as they claim they could not find a cheaper rate and I had not booked the lowest rate (the non refundable rate) with breakfast.

5 I sent the screenshot to prove the rate and also pointed out it was also cheaper than the IHG non refundable Breakfast rate.

6 They replied saying they confirmed the cheaper rate (funny that ) and in order to get the BRG I had to alter my exisitng nonrefundable rate online to the cheapest (non refndable )rate with Bkfst within 24 hrs.

7. I did so and they replied saying
We have verified the lower rate you found .......
We are currently in contact with the hotel to request adjustment on your reservation to have a free night.
will contact you via e-mail when this has been confirmed.
All the above was over the weekend and I got very quick (within 2hr) responses.

However that reply was over 3 days ago and I have not had the confirmation from the hotel.
The actual stay is not until next month so I am not too worried. Just wonder what's taking so long after the initial quick response.

I liked the fact that in point 6 even though I had not chosen the correct rate they confirmed I had a cheaper comparison and advised me to change my booking in order to qualify for the BRG.

Maybe that's one way to get a confirmation before booking the non refundable rate.

Or as has been said, wait unil there is no non refundable rate on IHG , then book.

I'll get back when I get confirmation.

3544quebec
How long before you got the confirmations?