FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:52 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by asmallworld
Do I understand it correct that the BRG is only available on the cheapest room (best available rate IHG)?

So I can't find a cheaper rate for a executive or junior suite and still get comped?

Cheers
It is unclear since you woul like to compare differnt rooms, and a regular one is certainly different from a suite. I think that you are not required to compare a suite to a standard, so you can make a search just for suites, etc.

However, as I read the guarantee -- and I certainly could be mistaken -- for a certain room type, you must go with the lowest rate available on IHG.com, and if that is a non-refundable rate, that is the rate that you must book and use for comparison.

If they did not mean to lock one into such a rate, then they are not really all that clear.

It will have to take either a response from PC Insider or someone who tried to make a match and was rejected.

For your situation, I think you are on firmer ground and you can compare rates for suite. Let us know what the result is.