FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS world's most punctual airline
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:38 pm
GetAA81Back2ARN

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by wj_
All the long-haul flights I've been on the last year have been on-time or arriving ahead of schedule. A few months back they continuously mentioned the fact that they were the most punctual airline, so naturally they landed ahead of schedule.. That got old fairly quickly, but I guess the crew just wanted to brag a bit.. I haven't heard it in a while though.

/wj
Had to SK flights this weekend and on both they bragged about being the most punctual airline. IN both cases they mentioned that we landed ahead of the timetable.

However, what annoys me is that they are actually not telling the thruth.

In FRA we we touched down 10 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time (11:15 rather than 11:25). After taxiing to a remote stand at the other end of the world, however, the time was 11:29...

The timetables (as everyone working for an airline should know) is based on block times which has very little to do with taking off from the runway or landing at the runway but rather when the wheel blocks are removed and attached. The time table allows for taxiing, deicing, common ATC holds etc.

So rather than sprewading misinformation I think SAS should tone down this and get the facts right.