FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are There Restrictions on Bringing Prescription Ritalin into Canada?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:21 pm
essxjay
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Had the same question about bringing a similar medication into Canada but will read the above links first. I'm still unclear about something (emphasis mine):

Originally Posted by thatto
My suggestion is that any prescription drugs you are bringing in should be clearly identified and should be carried in the original packaging with a label that specifies both what they are and that they are being used under prescription. It is also a good idea to bring a copy of your prescription and a contact number for your doctor.
I've heard this advice quite a lot over on the TS/S forum and think it's well-intentioned and mostly spot on. What you mean by carrying a copy of the Rx strikes me as potentially problematic if by 'copy' you mean 'photocopy'. In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised in the least to be hassled for carrying around a Xerox of Ritalin and Adderall (or mixed amphetamine salts in the generic). I don't know what the law is here, just thinking in terms of what the average customs officer or security security might perceive. If by copy you mean one of the duplicate Rx receipts with an identical Rx label then that makes sense. Of course, since anything document can be forged or faked (ID, Rxs, etc.) I'm not sure how multiple forms of the copy of the original Rx is helps.