FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMall NOT DM Shopping
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:56 pm
Biblioman1

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by beltway
I did a dummy purchase all the way up to actual payment. SkyMall absolutely did not ask for my DM number explicitly.

Did they say what the proper format is? (US1234567? US-1234567? 1234567?)
I started on the US Airways home page and went to SkyMall that way. At one point I was prompted to sign in to my SkyMall account (from some long ago purchase). I went all the way through to just before submitting the order and didn't see any place for the DM number. I called Customer Service and they couldn't see any connection to DM either. While they suggested I finish the order and they would make a note to apply the DM miles once they could touch the order, I decided to start over. This time I went the same route but never signed in. Now I could see a US Airways banner at the top of the screen all through the ordering process, plus the "certificate #" box referred to by Irdwilder was pre-filled with my number in the following format:
"us 1234567". ( On the first attempt I tried adding the number in exactly that format and it wouldn't accept it). There was another box below this one asking for my DM number in order to receive 3 miles per dollar. So with my DM appearing several times on the order I finished it, feeling pretty sure I'll get the hit. Bottom line - don't submit the order without seeing your DM number somewhere on it.