FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World Community Grid computing - BOINC FlyerTalk Team
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:19 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Hi, jackal! The stats seem a bit different, so it may be time to check with the Grid folks. There have been many changes - the Grid was originally United Devices, BOINC and World Community Grid joined forces (Grid uses BOINC software, for one). so it's a bit confusing. One team on the Grid is presumably captained by Kremmen, and you also have a team.

I'm on BOINC and WCG, but when I am logged into WCG I am also on BOINC, but the numbers vary. I will report back, so we have a unified effort there. FT is!
If I log into my account on WCG, I show I am part of the team captained by Kremmen. I also didn't see any other teams with the word "FlyerTalk" in them, although given how hodgepodge BOINC can be, I would not be surprised to see that I am the captain of a team that I am not even a part of!

Here's the team that shows up when I log in: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...mId=1V463QK3S1

Ah, I see what might have happened. My username on WCG is different than the one I use on the rest of BOINC. I might need to mess around with my settings. We'll figure it out!