Old Sep 13, 11, 10:50 am
LasGuy

SkyMiles Award Problem Booking Single VN Flight

Good Day Everyone!

I'm hoping you may be able to assist or point me in the right direction. I've been working tirelessly for the past several months on planning a once in a lifetime trip to Asia. My initial call to Delta SkyMiles reservations was quite helpful and the agent placed a hold on a reservation. However, when I called back to ticket the reservation, things went a bit sour because the agent had me scheduled on a Korean Airlines flight during a blackout period.

After much searching, we were able to identify a routing LAS-LAX-NRT-TPE-HAN. A few months later, a schedule change resulted in what would have been a misconnect at LAX. I contacted Delta for rebooking which now involves LAS-SEA-NRT-TPE-HAN.

In an effort to reduce the enormous amount of travel time, I'm trying to book a seat on a non-stop flight from NRT-HAN. This would eliminate the need to travel to TPE..saving me over 4 hours of flying. The problem is, however, that Delta Airlines Reservations are not seeing any seats available on the Vietnam Airlines nonstop.

I contacted Vietnam Airlines and they indicate there are plenty of seats in the J booking class. I do realize that there are only a limited number of seats available for SkyMiles use. However, Vietnam Airlines was quite helpful and advised me they would approve the booking if Delta would send over a request for it. Furthermore, checks on KLM's and other awards sites shows the availability.

I contacted Reservations again to see if they would be willing to assist. While they did "waitlist" me for the flight, that request was never transmitted to Vietnam Airlines. Following up today, I was advised that this request would not be sent over to Vietnam Airlines for approval because these seat availability were actually controlled by Delta Corporate.

Furthermore, the supervisor told me that they are unable to tell me if there had ever been any seats available or this may be a market that Delta doesn't allow SkyMiles reservations. She said that they had no way of contacting Corporate Revenue Management to look in to this.

Is there anyone that can help?