FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]
Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:51 am
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dave_SEA
I applied for the Citi Visa Business card via the $1500 link. Card was approved. I called CSR and they told me minimum spend was $4000.

Has this happened to anyone? They said that if I fax in proof of the 1500 offer, they would consider changing. I may be able to reach 4K, but it will be tight for the Dec deadline....I'm wondering if trying to appeal is worthwhile, or can cause complication and mess things up.
These offers are technically expired and there is no offer page. Not sure what proof you could send. Also, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Seems the better path is to be happy for the approval and pay ahead some bills and/or get some fee-free gift cards.

Originally Posted by htr
Called this morning, after verifying my info and a long wait she came back with an approval and a lovely $1,000 limit. She did admit is was quite low, but couldn't do anything and I could call into customer service number once I recieved the card. No explanantion as to why - my credit scores are excellent.

Anyone seen this before? Just trying to be prepared for the call.
Hard to do a quick $1,500 for the 75k mi and get it all credited by the end of November with such credit limit.
Do you really want to risk another credit pull to reconsider the limit?

Not hard to do the spend - just charge up around $1400 immediately, send in a paper payment, then when that posts charge the other $100 and let the statement close.

(I haven't actually done that but no reason to think it won't work. I think Happy has done that before?)