FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - two pilots fired !!
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2001, 12:05 am
Marco Polo

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
well as I see it CX has shown its intentions and battle plan.If the hi-tech bus drivers want to work to the book, they need to do so according to the interpretations of the employer who wrote the book and not how they read the book The AOA on behalf of its members rejected a pay offer that was generously made two years into a three year agreement between the parties so CX have bent the three year fixed agreement in the pilots' favour and had it thrown back at them - this offered increase was the equivalent to the senior captains of a HK police constable's monthly wages. In the SCMP yesterday there was an article which seemed to indicate that CX was intending a lockout. As for a strike, well under HK labour laws that would be very interesting as failing to obey the lawful directions of an employer allows the employer to fire the employee without benefits. The only thing I would like to see from CX would be an explanation of the rostering complaint which I think is a fair one - the drivers need to know where they are going before they get to the airport. I see no way that Swire will buckle - no way old chap, we're British. If it needs to shut down the airline or fly the main routes with wetleased charters, fire the lot of them, rehire new drivers at new rates then I guess that is what will happen.