FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jetblue Flight Review
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:53 am
squatch

Originally Posted by trebex
Flew this past Saturday, JFK-SJU. For legroom, snacks and staff attitude, no one can beat Jetblue. And the Extra Legroom section was mostly empty so I had three seats to myself. But in many other ways, they are really getting rusty. It is all but impossible to print boarding passes using Chrome or Firefox. Explorer works, but many of us aren't using that anymore. The new Even More Speed, is a nice idea, but useless in reality. I got to walk right up and show my ID and boarding pass, but then there was a 30 minute wait for the actual security process, the longest I've ever waited. Onboard, Jetblue captains typically stand up in front and introduce themselves and give the flight details. This one never said a word to us. And finally, the much praised IFE wasn't working again. Yes, it doesn't work outside the continental US, but even before that, half the channels didn't work, along with several of the radio stations.
not to nitpick, BUT...

i fly jetblue twice a week and check in using firefox each time. now, SOMETIMES, i will get the message that i have to check in at the airport (even in situations where i already have a seat assigned), but often it works later that day. i think that jetblue's web site and check in process leave much to be desired, but i have never had a browser compatibility issue.

as for navigating security at JFK... well that usually sucks no matter what. i believe that they have 18 security checkpoints at Terminal 5 and i have never seen the TSA open more than 5 or 6 even at the busiest times. this likely is not the airline's fault. there is a separate forum on this site for TSA-specific hatred, so i'll leave any further comment out of this thread.