FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:36 pm
mooper

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by kingdomofpeace
Called and tried 6661 and they told me that I had to be approved by Aug 18th and I wasn't eligible.
Tried the other two and they said that I wasn't targeted.
How do they know you aren't targeted for the other two? What if you lived at a different address and received the flyer there... or they sent it to a variant of the spelling of your name that appears on your credit report... etc? I wouldn't volunteer more info than you need to. You might not have proof that you were targeted, but they don't have proof you were not (or at least not that you could have been accidentally solicited via one of the aforementioned confusions).

Originally Posted by compddd
I think Amex bonus matching is dead as a doornail now.
Not true. I know of two people who had it approved in the past two days. (albeit 6939 for PRG, not the Biz Gold you reference).

Originally Posted by compddd
If Amex put in notes that they would give you something, they should.
It's not the notes that matter, it is what they tell you. Even if you don't qualify, aren't targeted, etc., but they *tell you* that they've made an exception and you'll receive the points, they are on the hook legally *but only if you rely on the information to your financial detriment*. If you took no action, then going back on their word might be bad business practice and will alienate customers, but isn't something they need to honor.