FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:56 am
Paella747

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Post T'was not bad!

Guess I should update my experience on this deal...... I ended up working the deal to go from ICN-HNL-ICN (with the mistake fare) to ICN-HNL(layover)-SEA-HNL(layover and very bad sunburn)-ICN. It was all in "First".

I did this in July, and quite enjoyed Hawaiian. The ICN-HNL departure was a snack (kind of okay.... steak and kimch'i), and that was pretty much it until prior to landing. No menus or anything fancy. They did play a cool video of a guy playing a lulluby in a hammock to put people to sleep (does anybody know who that is? ).... Mai Tais galore though. Yes, the legroom was not great, but I enjoyed the old 767 faux-wooden galley floors!

HNL-SEA: The Hawaiian lounge at HNL was useless. Didn't see it mentioned here before, so I was surprised that there was no alcohol! Went to the United Red Carpet Club on the other side of the airport...... The dinner from HNL-SEA was exceptional (truly yummy!), but prior to flying that boarding area was a mess. HNL needs to fix that!

SEA-HNL I was surprised that there was no lounge for First Class passengers (not feeling entitled, it's just that all my other legs had lounges). I was perfectly happy going to the Alaska Airlines Board Room with my Priority Pass card.....
HNL-ICN was just a fantastic flight! The Mai Tais helped numb the sunburn (fell asleep on the beach in front of the Halé Koa) GREAT dinner, great crew, and great to be back home in Korea!

So I gotta say, not a bad deal from Hawaiian Air! I may just take them again. Yes the legroom isn't quite up to international C standard, but the food was, and the price (even error-free! ) isn't bad at all! ^