FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:21 pm
MikeyZBT

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Now getting to Delta I was flying with my parents LAX-ATL-LGA (when we had booked Business Class was available for low miles and the 77L was operating LAX-ATL though prior to departure it was changed to a domestic 767-300) and due to mechanical delays in LAX we missed our connecting flight. Everything to NYC was booked since it was Mother's Day. After a lot of searching the best the representative at the B Concourse service desk at Atlanta could do to get us out that evening was to take 3 seats in coach on a delayed JFK flight where the previously booked pax were going to miss the now delayed flight. Delta put the bags on the next flight to LGA even though we were not on that flight. However, since my father remained calm with the rep she not only put in a report with Delta alerting them to the fact that we were now downgraded to coach but also since our flight would be arriving too late at JFK to realistically get to LGA that evening the baggage office was notified to expect the bags and my father was given a number to call when he was like 5 minutes out and they would have someone bring the bags to him so he would not have to pay for parking at LGA
Did it work out as planned when your Dad called Delta at LGA? Were the bags there waiting?