FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two year old and their own seat
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:08 pm
eitlean

Programs: LH FTL, TK Classic+
Originally Posted by Catusa
I flew last week IAD-CDG with my just turned two-year old (2 years and 4 days). She had her own seat because she was over two. The flt was turbulent on and off for pretty much the whole flight and so the seat belt sign was on for nearly the entire crossing. My daughter is pretty energetic and refused to sit in her seat and the seatbelt didn't do much to hold her in. We were in C on the AF 380 so the seat was large and she was hard to control. The only way I could keep her confined and quiet was in my lap and buckled in but the FA was purposely hovering around us and insisting she had to be in her own seat. I tried to argue that because of the turbulence and because she was not confinable in her seat that it was safer if she stayed with me and used the connecting infant seat belt. Do you think she was safer on her own? She is small for her age.

Also, has anyone else nursed a two year old and had problems justifying them being in your lap?
Recently I was travelling with my two year old son in the new Airbus A320 LH Business class (the one where the middle seat is now a fixed (non removal table)). It was difficult to not only keep my child sitting (one hour on the runway without taking off) but particularly since I couldn't sit beside him. Definitely an occasion where its better not to sit in business :-(

Last edited by eitlean; Sep 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm Reason: typo