Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:57 am
leonard016

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by mia
Also comparison with Sapphire Preferred in the early portions of this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ts-thread.html
Thanks mia.

Originally Posted by philwupdx
I just acquired the JPM Select mainly because of the EMV chip and the primary car rental coverage. For me the latter is particularly important since...

As far as the EMV chip is concerned, I'm just now departing for two weeks in Iceland, so I'll see how the JPM card works in a number of situations including remote fuel stations.

JPM Select does allow one-to-one transfer of points to Marriott, Hyatt, IHG, Korean Air, British Air, and one or two others I may be forgetting. On the UR website I don't see an additional "bonus" when transferring points; however, I haven't checked out what possibilities exist with redemptions.
Thanks for the firsthand info philwupdx. Please come back and update us of your Iceland experience.

Seems just like with $0 forex fees, Chase is rolling out cards that come with Primary car rental CDW - Continental OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus, United Explorer and JPM Select. My biggest question is actually how Chase handles claims - will it be as easy as Diners Club and Amex Premium Plan ($18 for Californian and $25 for others)? Of course it may still be too early to see reports.

On the UR side, could you confirm that you will have 25% bonus in redemption value when booking through UR (1 point = 1.25 cent)? It seems logical if JPM Select allows transfer, it will have this feature as well (available on Sapphire Preferred and Ink Bold). BTW the transfer partners you can't remember are Continental and Amtrak. I have updated the OP.