FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA agent threatens woman with defamation lawsuit.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:09 pm
loops

Originally Posted by nachtnebel
I'd like mine lightly salted please.
Freshly ground sea salt ok? It's a sensible option with the humidity around here, normal don't cut it. I'm using an air popper btw. <g>

<edit to add> Thank you Ayn R Key for the additional links.

From the first column relating the letter she received regarding filing a sexual assault suit against the TSO:

Harvey Silverglate, lawyer and co-founder of the wonderful campus free speech defenders, FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education), emailed me this: <I snipped introductory paragraphs from this letter>

...To win a battle for liberty like this, people must not get accustomed to these indignities, but must complain about them every single time ... and in every forum possible.
and from Amy:

I'll echo Harvey in asking that you all do as I did (and that you spread the word to do as I did): Don't make it easy for the government, through these TSA lackeys, to be violating us -- sexually, and in respect to our right to not be searched without probable cause.

And no -- the fact that some people are terrorists is NOT probable cause. The fact that you are wearing underwire is NOT probable cause. And no -- the fact that you, in 2011, are unwilling to hitchhike thousands of miles instead of taking a plane is NOT probable cause.

The rights of vast number of Americans are being violated daily and it is absolutely essential that we all stand up and defend our rights -- and as loudly and vociferously as possible.

Are you in? Spread the word.

Last edited by loops; Sep 6, 2011 at 4:25 pm Reason: added quotes