FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 5, 2011, 7:31 pm
portlandexpos04

Just completed a stay here for the first time. Usually I'm at the Grand Hyatt, but I thought I'd give this one a try this time around. The front desk staff was very friendly, provided amenity list and diamond recognition, welcome letter and 4 PM check out (IMO, one of the best benefits of being a Diamond). I got a 16th floor room with a very large balcony and decent view of the Embarcadero Center and partial view of the Bay. I could also see the Transamerica Pyramid, which was very cool. No upgrade to suite was provided and I took the points instead of the amenity.

The room was standard Regency, but nice and spacious. I was amazed at how quiet the room was, despite the level of noise in the atrium and outside, once I shut the door, it was very quiet inside the room. Barely heard any noise from the neighboring rooms.

The atrium and architecture in this hotel is very, very cool and has a sci-fi feel to it, which I really liked.

The best part of this stay was the Regency Club at this property. Absolutely AMAZING 18th floor 360 degree view of the City and Bay/Bay Bridge. I spent a lot of time at this RC, more time than any other Hyatt property I've been to. After 5 PM, they have complimentary wine/beer, and had a pretty decent selection of food. I made myself a couple hard shelled tacos to go with my Anchor Steam beer. I also spent about 30 minutes on the massage chairs up in the RC and just stared out the window while sipping on my tea. Definitely a very relaxing experience.

The hotel is located right next to a Muni/BART station and a small shopping mall in the Embarcadero Center. Great location and only two stops from Union Square on either the Muni or the BART. Great location if you want to access points further out such as the Mission District or the East Bay, as you are on a BART line.

Valet staff were very good and friendly and remembered me throughout my stay by name.

All in all this was a very good stay and I'm pretty impressed with this property and it's staff.