FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA fuel "surcharge" on a CX award booking?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 8:40 pm
Paulchili

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by Herman ze German
the AA Business class is a laugh compared with CX or BA and their lounges do not have the free food and drinks...
..and what exactly does this have to do with fuel surcharges that BA charges? I don't drink, but if I did, I could buy a whole lot of drinks and food for $400 - $900 fuel surcharge that BA charges.
Do you mean to say that CX likes AA and therefore does not charge them the fuel surcharge; and, conversely, they hate BA and thus will charge them the fuel surcharge? Or maybe CX does charge AA the fuel surcharge but AA, being the nice guys they are, decided to "eat it" and not pass it on?
None of those scenarios are very likely, IMO. The most likely one is that BA charges fuel surcharges on CX just as they do just about everywhere else.
BTW - while I agree with you that both CX and BA have a better J product and nicer lounges, AA's first suite is every bit as nice as BA's. Additionally, AA's domestic F (equivalent to J on most domestic flights) is way better that the poor excuse for J that is the CE class.