FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nikon F5?
Thread: Nikon F5?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:11 pm
anrkitec
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Ok folks, I got the wife an IPad today to sweeten her up for my DSLR purchase. I think I'll be able to pull the trigger this weekend. I played with both a D90 and a D7000 at best buy. Both seem to be solid cameras, with the D7000 naturally having newer technology and somewhat more advanced features.

Curious... As I plan to keep which ever DSLR I choose for several years, would you recommend I go with a D7000? Perhaps this may be overkill?

Thanks
While either the D90 or D7000 will serve you well I would go with the D7000 if only because it will be worth significantly more several years from now if you decide to "upgrade".

More importantly however can I suggest that you make your purchase with a local camera store. Smaller, independent camera stores are quickly disappearing not because they can't compete with places like Best Buy on price but because it seems people see them as somehow less convenient.

As you list TPA as your home airport may I suggest that you at least give a place like North Tampa Photo* a chance for your business. I suspect that they would competitive on price and will be much more helpful to you down the road than will the high school kid at Best Buy who was just showing someone else a vacuum cleaner.

* No affiliation, just have heard from friends in the TPA area that they are a pretty good shop.