View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 11, 2:40 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nba1017 View Post
Haven't been to Montreal since 2009, and was wondering if the opinions expressed here still stand.

Currently I"m booked at the Place d'Armes in a Balcony Junior Suite. I've stayed in the 'Penthouse' suites, which are great; anyone have firsthand experience in the balcony suites? Place d'Armes has the advantage of great location, excellent bathrooms, and balconies.

The Saint Sulpice has the same location and balconies, but from what I've been able to find online, the bathrooms look very pedestrian. Again, any thoughts?

Finally, anywhere else I ought to consider? St James is nearly sold out and a bit too formal anyway, and the Hotel Vogue, though the only other FHR hotel, looks tacky and a bit impersonal. Nelligan, Gault, and Le Crystal are a bit too cutting-edge for us. Sofitel, W, Marriott and IC all seem fine but boring.

Thanks for any suggestions!
I am not sure that Montreal has much in the way of real luxury hotels. I have stayed at most of the ones you named, and they are all somewhere between average and just above average. And distinctly off in terms of luxury as it is usually defined on this board. I usually stay at the W--but I am not as picky about that lately because part of the attraction used to be the food and the restaurant and has really gone downhill over the last couple of years.