FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:46 pm
DFWFlier

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Had a one night stay at The Ivy this week, found it to be good, but not great. Had reserved a junior suite - asked about an upgrade to a regular suite, but front desk clerk said the hotel was sold out. Checked SPG.com when I got to my room and it showed regular rooms and suites available for sale. Didn't pursue it further because it was just one night.

Room was very nice, but small for a "junior suite". Desk and chaise in a small separate area behind a partial room divider. Nice bathroom.

Ate dinner at the bar at the Porter and Frye restaurant and was totally unimpressed. Food sounded great but was very bland and uninspired. Asked for a substitute of veggies, but didn't get it. They seemed to be out of a few of the entrees that night and I heard the people next to me complain to the bartender about the portion size of their chicken - apparently had eaten the same thing there the previous week and the portion was now smaller. The bartender "checked with the kitchen" and reported back that they had gotten smaller chickens from their supplier that week - but she did discount their meal. Wouldn't go back for dinner.