FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many times a day do you wash your face?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:49 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by It'sHip2B^2
I do have fairly oily skin. By lunch I sport a shine and my eye start to hurt a little for the oil getting into them. Plus at 30 I still get acne.
Same here (although I'm 33), although I only wash my face twice a day. I usually don't wear makeup, although when I do, I've found that the mineral makeups do wonders to absorb some of the excess oil. I keep a container of Clearasil or Oxy face pads in my car, and will, when I feel like my face is too oily, use those.

A good example is today--I was up and out of the house at my usual time, due to a doctor's appointment, but am working late to avoid taking sick time. My face feels very oily at this point, because it's been 11 hours roughly since I washed it. As I'm heading out to a dinner meeting immediately after work, I'll use those to remove some of the excess oil, then will wash my face when I do get home tonight.

I've also found that, in a pinch, when you aren't wearing makeup, hand sanitizer can at least make your face not feel quite so oily.

I use Murad's Clarifying Cleanser, as I've found that it does the best job of keeping my face reasonably acne-free. Oddly enough, I think I tried it only because someone on FT posted a link for a free travel-size or sample.