FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silicon Valley for one quick night... advice please
Old Aug 31, 2011, 7:00 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by peersteve
That's good to hear......when I can use my preferred airline at close-to-Southwest fares, it feels good that I'm not paying a premium price for similar coach service..... glad to help you make an informed decision!

What did you decide for SFO-to-Houston to get there in time?

If you are staying the night near SFO, perhaps stay at the Marriott or Hyatt on Old Bayshore Road in Burlingame (town adjacent to SFO) which have a Hertz desk. I like returning the car at night (or leaving paperwork), then using the hotel shuttle to go to SFO in the morning --saves at least 30mins of returning car in morning.

***Please double-check me on this.... the SF area folks may suggest other hotel/rental car return options on Old Bayshore Road. ***

And if you haven't been to Kansas City, the main airport (MCI) is a long distance from downtown, or even further from the affluent southern suburbs. So, dpending on how early your flight leaves MCI, consider the Marriott on the airport property. Maybe they will pick you up from the rental car building that night?
Not to sound tooo picky... but Im trying to keep hotels to Starwood as much as I can.... any ideas in that chain of hotels..?