FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Silicon Valley for one quick night... advice please
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:58 pm
Gaucho100K
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
You would save yourself much time, aggravation and money flying in/out of SJC instead of SFO. It's closer to Los Altos Hills, has lower taxes and fees, and the rental cars are right across the street from the terminal. Don't know CO's schedule there but Southwest and AA seem to have a big presence. Downtown SJ also has a few upscale hotels, I know of the Fairmont for sure, not sure about others.
I had thought of this... but have the following additional considerations. My South America to US long haul flies in & out of SFO. I wonder if its feasible for me to start my US domestic leg from California to Houston from SJC.... but then, I would have to do the return leg to SFO as a final else I would need to transit back from SJC to SFO to catch my LAN flight back to EZE... what are the transport options from SJC to SFO that are not a rental car and how long does that take...???