FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA schedule changes - free flight change / cancelation / refund
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:50 pm
fedechat

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Hello guys!!!!

I booked 5 R/T international AA award tickets MIA-MAD and return MAD-MIA for March 2012 (200K AA miles). When I booked MAD to MIA was scheduled to arrive in MIA at 6:05 pm, I Just checked my schedules today and saw that MAD-MIA had removed my flight (AA53), they put me on flight AA69 which is arriving 3:30 hours earlier.

Can I cancel the my itinerary and get(redeposit) my miles back for free? or they will only refund me MAD-MIA leg? I booked 5 R/T not 10 O/W awards . If they do that, how long do I have to wait for my miles.

This could be great because I want to change my itinerary for June 2012, I know that I can do it for free but I don't want to use 300k AA miles from my account (5x60k). At that time I wanted have everything on one Record Locator... but I forgot that I have my GLD status until Feb 2012 (and I will not qualify for the next year ), so it doesn't make sense to me anymore (using my miles) when my family can use their own miles

Thank you!!!