FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - reservations made thru savored.com, will I receive AA miles?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 5:38 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jfhscott
But what happens if I pay by my AA-linked CC? or with a gift card previously purchased at the restaurant? Does something get flagged that these contstitute the use of "promotions".?
These are two totally separate questions.

Your RN-linked CC will work, but the question is whether you will get the mileage (or whatever) from RN.

The gift card, whether purchased with an RN-linked CC or not, doesn't earn you anything more at the time of use (if it earned you anything, it was at the time you purchased the gift card). So there's nothing promotional about the use that I can see. Still, does savored.com limit you to any particular form of payment? It seems to me that if it allows you to get the 30% off when using cash or CC, it would also allow you to get the 30% off when using a gift card.

Originally Posted by jfhscott
I [dined] at the above-described restaurant last night. The 30% off was provided discretely and without my inquiring.
But you didn't explain when it was provided. On the bill before you turned over your card, or only on the credit card receipt?