FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Opinion: Outrigger Reef Ohau.
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:37 am
davesam12

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Outrigger Reef

Originally Posted by Wingrider
I'm booked there 3rd week of Sept. Sat->Sat. and want to get some recon from the collective about the place. First time to HI and the wife wants to see the Arizona, Diamondhead, etc. (no kids traveling) If I've made a bad choice please speak up with alternatives.
I just want a nice room, decent ocean view etc. I'd appreciate info on rooms/wings to avoid, tips, local places worth eating at- All feedback appreciated.

-Wingrider
IMHO - not a bad choice at all. Good location. Beach front. And most likely cheaper rates than the main Waikiki beach front properties. ORR is right next door to the luxurious Halekulani. The new Trump hotel is right behind it. It's the last hotel in line before you get to Derussy Park and the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort - which has a huge beach front on the bay. Easy walk to main Waikiki. Lots of shops and restaurants down Lewers St. right behind Outrigger Reef. Roy's Waikiki is a block right behind your hotel and also much cheaper choices like Denny's right on the corner. So many eating choices easy walk from the Outrigger Reef. Even if you want to walk down to main Waikiki beach strip -- very close. Aloha