FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Aug 28, 2011, 8:09 pm
sfconsultant

Programs: UA1K, SPG Platinum
Recent Stay at Westin PV

Had a recent two night stay at the Westin PV, over a Friday and Saturday night. As many people have reported, the hotel decor is a bit outdated. However, overall, we had a good stay there. When we first checked-in, I asked about a Platinum Upgrade, and was told that I was upgraded to a "deluxe room." Well, considering deluxe wasn't much of an upgrade, I pushed back a bit, and let the check-in agent know that I saw some junior suites available on spg.com (I checked earlier in the day), and asked if one was available. He pushed back a little bit more (probably not his fault, was just doing what he's told), but right when that happened, Fridel Von Son, the Guest Services Manager came over. Fridel is great...she quickly upgraded us to a Junior Suite and apologized for the inconvenience. Fridel is one of the best parts of this hotel - I was very impressed with her attentiveness when she was dealing with us and level of customer service.

The junior suite wasn't bad at all, again a little outdated, but that was ok (I was expecting this, based on other postings). Had a very large bathroom, sitting area with a sofa, Westin Heavenly Bed, and finally, a very nice outdoor sitting area with a private Jacuzzi.

As Platinum members, we were also granted access to the Royal Beach Club, which offered very generous evening canapes, wines, beers, and champagne. from 5.00-8.00pm. The breakfast there was also decent, including hot and cold options.

We didn't use the pool at the hotel, so can't really comment on that.

Overall, not too bad of an experience. Yes, it could use some updating, but with managed expectations about the hotel it wasn't bad at all. Plus, Fridel really made a big difference. We left from the Westin to head over to the St. Regis Punta Mita (using those free resort nights) Fridel called ahead for us to let them know we were on our way. It was a very kind gesture, and helped when we got to the St. Regis, as our upgraded suite there was waiting for us.

Thanks again to Fridel and would stay at the Westin PV again.