FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:46 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I can tell you that more than likely there is nothing wrong with the PLT check in desk, they are simply trying to save money, that desk has been closed for two years now ( stay here a lot and have a corporate rate plan).
Assuming we're talking about the Diamond/Platinum desk downstairs, it has been consistently operating when I've been there over the past two years. It just has relatively narrow operating hours -- around prime check-in time.

It was re-opened yesterday. I was able to settle my bill with the agent there, who I've met on several prior stays. She said it had been down due to the computer problem for a week or so.

Regarding the new Regency Club
and crowds there, I just completed an eight night stay. While there were times when it was certainly busy during breakfast, I never had a problem finding a table inside. The food was consistent, exceptional and everything was readily available -- every day. I never made it to the club in the evening, so I can't speak to that.