FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:29 pm
trinity_in_texas

Programs: My views are strictly my own and do not reflect the views of any company.
Originally Posted by susiesan
Thanks for the clarification as to how long the Plat status would last. I could get the remaining 47,308 points need for PLT from credit card bonus/spend or SPG transfers. I was going to try for the 75K Citicard soon that I had before, canceled in Jan. 2011. I've read on another thread that it's churnable again after sitting out for a few months.

The airports I'll be passing through to Quito are DFW, MIA, and UIO. Are there any oneworld lounges in any of those cities? Does PLT status get me in to an AA lounge? I guess I would get double miles for the Quito trip to, right? Maybe I will try to get to PLT before 12/1.

I think you still are misunderstanding. If I read your original post correctly, you thought you needed 1.5 MM for Lifetime Plat. The goal is 2MM. If you are watching the yearly elite qualification towards Platinum then I read you need another 47k. You need to obtain the needed 47k towards yearly qualification from flying activity only. Flying is the only thing that will count for you right now on yearly requal. Of course, the Exec card from CBA does have that elite 10k on it after so much spending.