FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which FFP offers the fastest path to oneworld Sapphire?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:40 am
morrison1984

Flyer Question

Not wanting to Hijack this thread but I asked on the Star alliance thread and got unsurprisingly Star Alliance answers. Can anyone help me with the following (apologies for the cross posting if you read both threads).

I've just moved jobs and looks like I'll be doing a lot more travel to the far east. Not really been taking my current flyer memberships seriously so need some advice. What scheme will get me quickest access to silver level?

(1) What is your home airport? EDI or GLA (so can change various places eg LHR, LGW, CDG, AMS)
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? Premium Economy
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? approx 50k
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? not anything worth writing home about.
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? Lounge access, upgrades
(6) Which routes do you fly most often GLA or EDI->Taiwan, Korea and Japan 4 or 5 trips a year total. GLA or EDI -> LHR 4 or 5 trips a year, GLA or EDI to STR couple of times a year.
(7) Preferred Airlines Something with decent premium economy to Asia
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? Work, choice at the moment is economy or premium economy but should be allowed some business class travel from next year (assume not for now).

The star alliance guys recommended Turkish Airlines, Aegean Airlines and Thai Airways but I wasn't sure if I would be better with BA or CX or Korean. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.