FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minnesota Trip on Continental SAN-IAH-MSP Y, and F/J Class (Pt 1) Pics
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:33 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
SAN has always been a money maker for the airlines, at one time, SAN was the second biggest money for AA. Summer time is usually the highest yield since the weather is awsome.

SO when is CO moving to Terminal 1?

Originally Posted by Blue20634
Same with my mom she says that her numbers are good so far. I'm going back to visit in September and we will find out the results of her scans on the 14th.

I generally see the 738 more out of SAN with a 739 or two from IAH a day however I'm not sure presently with combining of UA/CO schedules.

I believe the market demand for SAN-IAH or EWR justifies the use of a 739 at a certain time during the day or week & when the schedule dictates it.

The biggest difference between the 738 & 739 is that the 739 can carry more payload/cargo as I understand it.

The 738 has slightly better range than the 739. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong. It seems SAN Is popular route from what sources tell me. Every time I book a flight to IAH or EWR the cabin only has few seats in Y and has been full on all of my past flights.