FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated thoughts on the "Trusted" traveler program
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:03 am
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Pissy is overtly creating class warfare. He's banking on the fact that many frequent flyers will gladly surrender their backgrounds and pay a fee to become a member of the "privileged class." He's dangling carrots in front of us like: "You don't have to take off your shoes." or "You can leave your laptop in your bag." and many will take the bait. He's created a whole class of people who now owe him. He keeps them hooked because everyone of the privileged class knows that Pissy can also take away these privileges at any time for any reason. So, the privileged class must obey and not commit even the slightest infraction. He also effectively removes a lot of people from the fight.

This is exactly a major reason why the Communists stayed in power as long as they did -- creating a privileged class who you control.

Because of my job and my background investigations, I could instantly become part of this privileged class, as could a lot of you. But, I, for one, am going to stay in this fight until we get our Constitution back.
+1000

It's dangerous when they start dangling things like this and people are reacting like it's a carrot. It distracts from the real issue of why they do it at all.