FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling TATL with toddler and infant alone
Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:33 pm
tendi07

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, CO OnePass, SPG Amex, US Airways
Traveling TATL with toddler and infant alone

Hello everyone,

I have a 4 year old daughter and expecting a second child. We travel once a year to Germany to visit my parents, normally it's just me and my daughter. She's experienced little flyer, I took her over there 4 times already and 3 of those I was by myself with her (she was 18 months, 3 years, and 3.5 during the times we went). Together, we make a great team travelling on our own, so travelling with one child to Europe is fine with me.

But, with the baby coming, I'd like to get some advice from those of you who've travelled long distances with more than one child on your own.
Next time we'll go, my daughter will be 5 or older (Im not sure if it's going to be next year or the year after, the baby is due this coming winter and I'll have to go back to work after maternity leave, so no vacation will be left at that time) and the baby about 1 or little older.
I dont know how often my husband would be able to come along, plus the cost (in miles that we have and/or money) for the 4 tix to Germany every year could be pretty steep, so Im just counting on me and the kids to go regularly.

Thanks in advance!