FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amtrak: Ask A Security Expert
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:12 pm
clrankin

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by kirkbauer
I was in the DC area, a city I hate to go to for various reasons, and in my rental car, getting off an exit in VA and the police were randomly pulling over and searching cars. Not even a DUI checkpoint (which I don't agree with either) since this was 8AM on Friday morning.
Was it on the Dulles Toll Road, by chance (the airport access lanes down the middle of it)? Sometimes the scumbag Airport Police like to play "catch a thief" and randomly pull cars over in the hopes of finding someone who's "cut" through the airport in an effort to avoid traffic and their unreasonably high tolls. (Though after coming down the Greenway the access road tolls seem like a small pittance.)

It also could have been for driving in one of the HOV lanes without having 2 or more people in the car.

Pulling someone over is one thing, and I'd certainly comply with that. Searching vehicles without a warrant is something totally different though. Record the event (audio, and perhaps video if you can), then go directly to an attorney and file a large lawsuit against the department and officers personally. Unfortunately it seems like the only way to teach most cops some very important lessons is to try to make sure their retirement age is negatively impacted by their decisions.