FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:19 pm
Milezjunkie

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
FWIW, I steered away from this whole Amex application thing for a couple months since I assumed they would yank this offer back and with my luck I would be stuck in the middle. After seeing it still working for a couple months, I finally pulled the trigger last week and applied through FrugalTravelGuy's link. Then just yesterday I read on his blog that this stopped working due to some new software, and I'm seeing more common occurances of FTers getting rejected when trying to add bonuses, so quite honestly I was a little worried. Luckliy I read somewhere that you could have them close your acct and RETRACT hard pull on your credit report as long as you were within 30 days of the application, so I figured no harm no foul I just would have done that if they stopped this gravy train between when I applied and when I called to add the bonus. Luckily I didn't have to. Great offer/deal, especially since I've always wanted to get in on the Amex MR program, but never had enough incentive. This pushed me over the edge, and I'm glad it did cuz MR looks like a great program. Now if I could only get the 6664 promo added for 10k MR bonus pts per month for 15 transactions!!! ^ Wonder if I should keep trying or should give up and be content with what I've got?
Just wondering why everyone acts like Frugal Travel Guy's post is worrisome even slightly. He wrote what someone told him, who I believe referenced what a CSR told him. These are the same CSRs you just mentioned that don't know what one hand is doing. It's all just rumors. If Amex wanted to make sure we were targeted for the offer they would require the RSVP code that goes out with new offers. Don't you agree? In sure it will come to that soon but until they start asking for the RSVP I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.