FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Phishing email from BA.com today? (BA lurkers please read)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:15 pm
Jimmie76
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BenSenise
I got an email from British Airways Executive Club <[email protected]> this morning asking me to click on a link in order to verify my email address.

the email states "YOU MUST CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR BA.COM ACCOUNT" as well as "Until you do this, you will not be able to complete any transactions relating to your Executive Club membership"

i have not clicked on it as i will not click on links in an email. I have logged into my BAEC account through my normal means and see no reference to needing to update my email address.

anyone else get this and is it a phishing attempt?
Not got it but you should be able to see where the link is pointing to by hovering over it, or alternatively have a look at the HTML source code and see where it points to. There is a BA fraud department who might be interested in this as well, hopefully a BA staff member will be along shortly with the email address.