FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time upgrade on United metal, wasn't overly impressed
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:00 am
Chrisinhouston

First time upgrade on United metal, wasn't overly impressed

Flew IAH-ORD on Sunday on a United 767-300 and was UG to FC which is always nice especially since I am only Silver so far!

Interesting just to see the differences between CO and UA as far as how they do things. Not trying to knock UA but I've grown accustomed to the CA FC cabin and would tend to give it higher marks based on this recent flight but then again this size jet isn't in the current CO fleet.

1. No choices on pre-flight drinks, only water or OJ offered.
2. One male FA barking orders to turn of devices even before the PA announcement makes his way through the cabin and literally stands next to folks who are trying to power down. Sort of intimidating.
3. 20 minutes or so after the takeoff, drink orders are taken.
4. White napkins are put on the tray tables by FA.
5. Drinks arrive and are delivered from front of cabin to the back
6. Hot towels the size of baby wash clothes are handed out, made my wife and I laugh at the size. Nowhere to put them when done except on the nice white table cloth making it wet, eventually picked up.
7. FA starts at the back of cabin asking 2 pass. at a time which breakfast they want, then goes and gets it and goes to the next row as she works her way forward.
8. I had the egg entree, not bad but not nearly as hot as on CO FC. My wife had the fruit and cereal offering and the fruit plate was big and had nice choices.
9. Overall the seats were comfy but seemed slightly narrower than on CO. Also the headrests have to be lowered for takeoff and landing and aren't real comfortable hitting at my shoulder blade. And when was the last time you had those old corded phones in your arm rest? Do they even work anymore?
10. Lavs and rest of cabin were fine but you could really see the wear and tear, not sure how old these planes are but they could use a spruce up!
11. Other then the one FA barking at the beginning the FAs were nice and prompt and had no problems refilling drinks when asked to.
12 Flight arrived ahead of schedule and we even got a gate right away!

Enjoyed the flight and the upgrade!