FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX MR refusing to honor matched bonus IDs (even those already notated)
Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:03 am
x712xdamx

Programs: All of em...
I'm calling the bluff on AMEX & Frugaltravelguy.

Let's go a little deeper here - Rick/ftg just got a new offer to post a new Amex Biz Gold card with a 50k bonus after spending $10k in 5 months and him and all the other bloggers that get referrals are trying to pass it off as a good deal.... take a look at his post today on his site:
"Some of us may have lost a few MR points with the tightening of bumping the bonus, but these two cards look like a chance to get some of those bonuses back. "

It's like.. are you kidding me?
He got ONE email from a reader who was told by AMEX they weren't honoring codes anymore and his wouldn't be honored, and posted it like it was now fact. Even if that's not what he meant, it's what all the readers are reading into. Now he's using that 1 data point, of 100's (thousands?), to try and convince people that the $10k card is a good deal, when we all know it's not that great of a deal...

Maybe the guy called AMEX instead of MR?
Did OP call MR or call AMEX? There's ways to do this, and people are still reporting success in the AMEX PRG personal/biz card threads on Milesbuzz to get the bonus.

There were people in the original milesbuzz threads that were having issues with codes MONTHS ago and weeks ago. Same with the Platinum 100k, but it doesn't mean other people won't get it to work.
Let's not create a big worry for something that really is not proved to be happening.

Y
M
M
V
(yes, actually)

Last edited by x712xdamx; Aug 23, 2011 at 5:06 am Reason: didn't finish my post