FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Dusseldorf Master Thread [merged] - after January 01, 2010
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:23 am
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by stimpy
Wow, pretty much exactly the opposite for me. Upgraded to Exec Suite and received excellent service. Were you on a crew rate?
Nope... BOGOF weekend...

When we checked in, I signed and was handed my room key, and that was it. No directions to the lifts, no "have you stayed with us before?". No recognition of RA, no offer of newspaper, not told that we had had an upgrade, only discovered later when I asked what room category we had been placed in.

I asked for some additional shower gel and shampoo as there were two os us in the room and it was not enough, took 3 attempts to get it.

Asked for the mini bar to be correctly stocked as it has not been re-stocked after the previous guest, took till the second day for that to be done.

We had a Club room, card did not allow us access and we were interrogated as if we were trying to nick stuff before any details were checked as to if we were actually in a room with club access. Two new sets of cards had to be delivered to us to get them to access the club lounge gate.

Me, RA and another couple traveling were Gold AMB, same upgrade, although the other couple had paid a lower rate and with no club access. "Executive Room" as depicted on their website marks no resemblance to the "Executive Room" we were put in. Window would not close properly, constant whistling sound because of the gap and it being December and windy outside. Asked to change room but told that we could not as there were no more rooms of that category to change to.

And some other niggles which made me dislike the place a lot.

Big for the IC in DUS.

Oh, and the blinking Concierge repeatedly trying to add me as a "friend" on facebook... WTH... ???