FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merger Update: Details about our $500M in onboard product improvements
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:13 pm
Jorgen

Programs: VAG
Well I'm disappointed, because I guess this means that we're never going to get AVOD on the 747s.

Instead, some kind of wireless streaming to your BYO video device. But it doesn't say anything about installing power, and my laptop battery will probably last... ooh, about one sixth of the way from SFO to SYD, so... generally, it doesn't seem like a good move.

And apart from the disappointing lack of AVOD on the 747s, the other things don't make much difference for me. I suppose having E+ on a Q400 will be nice if I ever wind up flying on one. The gradual addition of E+ to Continental planes just means that starting next year I'll be able to get onto a United flight which *doesn't* have E+. I suppose larger overhead bins on the A320s are a bit of an improvement (though my carryon is international-sized rather than jumbo-American sized anyway). And... ehh, I never get to fly First or Business class anyway.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 21, 2011 at 8:44 pm Reason: merge