FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Merger Update: Details about our $500M in onboard product improvements
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:47 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Interesting that the 319/320 overhead storage is a bullet point, but not 767 overhead storage. We've never had trouble with our rollaboards on the 319/320, but the 767 overhead has never been big enough.
Excellent point. The 767 Ghetto Birds have atrocious overhead storage in Y.

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
The Q400s have big weight and balance issues so this will help by pushing more of the weight to the back of the airplane. They will have an issue though if there is a full F class and full E+ and no one in E- they will have to get F or E+ passengers to move back.
Better news would have been getting rid of Colgan entirely.

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
UA just got 13 longhauls to add to the fleet by converting the domestic 763 fleet.

Oh, and they aren't going to stop converting the 777s to 3-class. (I am kind of surprised that they aren't converting the domestic 777s as well- to be 2-class flatbed planes).
Adding Channel 9 to the PMCO fleet, keeping the 777 3-class conversions on schedule, and not giving up F seats to add E+ to the PMCO fleet are finally changes I like.

Am I the only one who thinks that leaving the domestic 777's untouched signals that they aren't long for the fleet?

Someone earlier in this thread pointed out the odd timing of this press release. Maybe it's because I'm such a suspicious cynic at heart, but I wonder if the timing of this announcement has anything to do with the beating UA is taking over the rumored downgrade of the MP program.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm Reason: quote