FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Aug 14, 2011, 3:46 pm
millere2

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I reluctantly booked this hotel for one night this past Saturday having read all the negative reviews. But the location is where we needed to be and its was only one night. Booked a Spectacular room for 11k points, no upgrade, but hotel was full and no suites were available online even a week or two before. I did see the "wear and tear" that many have talked about. Our sliding door for our bathroom was not attached and had a broken hook at the top. Maintenance came up right away and was able to fix it quick. While chatting with maintenance he said that renovations are going to begin in November for the entire hotel. 5 floors at a time will be renovated. He was griping about a lot of things in the hotel rooms falling apart. I did not get the completion time frame but he said no more sliding bathroom doors and "shutters" that open from the bathroom to room.

We did go up to the Whiskey Sky bar at the top of the hotel. Very small and not that exciting at all.

I will give this hotel another try next year after the renovations.