FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles transfers to Hilton HHonors to end Aug 2011 - exception ended Jul 2012
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:04 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's already shut down except for the "back door" mentioned above - and we have no idea when they might shut that.

Originally Posted by zowiebowie
This is really disappointing. I signed up for both of the 75k Citi AA cards with the plan of transferring 150k AA miles to 250k HHonors points to use for my honeymoon in Bora Bora next year. I completed the spending requirements on both cards this month, now just waiting for the statements to close so that I can get the miles. One of the statements will close on 8/14 and the other on 8/20.

What are the chances that I get the miles in time to transfer before they shut this down?
As for others' questions about calculations, it depends on which "currency" you use and value most: with Hilton, one could spend 145,000 points (AXON7N award, saving 55,000 points,) for a four day spend at, say, Hilton Arc de Triomphe King Guest Room Plus at Bastille Day, when it could have cost something like 1,800 EUR; with the new AA scheme, one would have to pay 340,000 AA miles (a travesty!) if one didn't have the HH points or 1,800 EUR ($2,563 at today's rates). OTOH, 100-125,000 AA miles... well, one just has to do the calculations and decide - and quickly.

Except... someone on the HH Forum checked the Hilton ADT and it is NOT available with AAdvantage miles!

(I play both programs, and the stay was nice, as they upgraded us nicely - Lady JDiver's birthday is the day before Bastille Day.)

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm Reason: add Hilton ADT note